Delivery Room Wedding

Gosh, its so heart warming to know that real people do stuff like this. Culled from Yahoo, enjoy...

(Yes people, for anything wow, aww, mushy mushy, lovey dovey, no matter how short the notice, Nino Charmaine's got you... Serenades and Enamoured Surprises)

Nurses help dad-to-be pull off delivery room wedding
KHOU 11 News Houston Videos  |  0:47 mins
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas -- Brandi and James Anderson are proud new parents. Their baby Janelle was born on Sunday and while the birth was pretty normal, everything leading up to it was anything but.

“My original due date was March 4,” Brandi told CBS 11 News reporter Arezow Doost.

Brandi, a 27-year-old Fort Worth woman, started having contractions Sunday morning. She was rushed to North Hills Hospital in North Richland Hills.

While Brandi was waiting for an epidural her husband, James, was plotting. “He said, ‘I’m going to run to the store. I’m going to be right back,’” recalled Brandi. “I was thinking, ‘What are you running to the store for? What do you need at the store?’”

James had stepped out to talk to the nurses in labor and delivery.

“The dad came out and told us that he wanted to get married,” explained Ashleigh Campbell, a nurse at North Hills Hospital. “At first we didn’t think he meant now — once he told us, ‘Yeah we want to do it here.’ I think pretty much the general consensus was 'aww'.”

James frantically had run out of the hospital to buy a ring. “I just couldn’t shake the idea of her having the baby without the ring on her finger,” he said.

As the soon-to-be dad was looking for the perfect cut stone, nurses at the hospital were helping behind the scenes.

Nurse Campbell said, “I picked up the phone and called my dad, who is a preacher.”

About the time when Brandi’s water broke, nurse Campbell’s father was on his way to the hospital. James was back with the ring and the pair was wheeled into a room, decorated by nurses, for a wedding ceremony.

For Brandi, the whole thing was kind of surreal. “All these people started walking in and I was like… I looked at him [James] and there was somebody else there. And I was like, ‘Who is that guy?’ and he was like, ‘That’s the minister’ and I was like, ‘What for?’”

The couple’s 6-year-old son was the ring bearer.

Tim Johnson, who was the minister for the ceremony, said there was no doubt he had to rush to get the couple married.

“People were making things ready to have this baby and everybody was like, ‘let’s get in our place and stand here.’ When we started this there was a calm that came over the room — a quietness — that came over the room,” said Johnson. “The best I can say was it was peace. You see this was something that was very special.”

The couple was married in just a few minutes. Their honeymoon lasted about half an hour and then baby Janelle was born. Nurses said there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.

“I was just thinking that if it was me and I was the one in the bed I would want somebody to care,” Campbell said. “My thinking was let’s do the best we can and let’s give this beautiful couple the best memory that we could for them.”

James said it was the most perfect moment. “The only thing I felt was regret that I didn’t do it a long time ago.”

The new father and husband said he is grateful for all the nurses and their help and is happy everything worked out perfectly – including his last-minute ring purchase.

Comments

  1. wish I was there and involved in piecing this beautiful moment together for the couple...aww

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment