To The Nigerian Man; Tuale Baba - 'nuff Respect

Africa is the only continent in the world where we do three (yes 3) different types of weddings!

a. The African Traditional Wedding
b. The Court Wedding
c. The Western Traditional Wedding (which many have renamed Church Wedding or White Wedding).

Now since I haven't lived and worked in this field anywhere else in the world other than my beloved Nigeria, I am going to strictly limit this to home.

If you know anything about the Nigerians, it is that we are a lively-party hopping-merry go round-excessive useless-money spending bunch. We love to party & boy do we get down on it wella. 
If a guy wants to get married, he has to perform his wedding 3 times (the traditional, the court and the white) with each having its own cost burden borne mostly by the men. Not an easy fit I must say. I usually imagine the guy breaking his bank accounts and piggy banks to host 3 lavish weddings! 

The alarming cost for hosting such parties is on the increase. Worse off is that the average bride actually encourages this reckless spending. Seriously, how can you allow your husband spend the money he can appropriately invest (e.g buy a land, build houses and rent out to people, start a business etc) on a wedding that come the following day, some else would "out-do" your day and then you claim to love him? I don't understand it at all.... yes I am female.

Lemme tell y'all a secret (shhhh); you don't have to break the bank to host a fabulous wedding and no, you don't have to DIY either. All you need is the right "expert" who is humane at heart to work your event. 
Hear me out, I am not against doing all three types of wedding; heck no. Neither am I against spending on weddings. But I know everyone loves to have some few extra cash leftover after all the spending is done. 
Why have the usual regular wedding and spend carelessly? when you can have a customised unique wedding that would perfectly fit right into you budget no matter how small/tiny/midgety your budget is, thus saving you half the cost of what you would normally spend... Thing is; are you ready to be extraordinary? (see picture above).

I am Nino Charmaine, let me save you some few extra cash which you can channel into your honeymoon, apartment set up, etc - 08181237262, ninocharmaine@gmail.com, @NinoCharmaine. PS: All our brides get a complimentary Serenade *wink*.

Funny how the Whites keep it simple and budget friendly whilst being creative and fun. Yet we borrowing their wedding style over do it!

....Not that I subscribe to a mall wedding...

Forget about the times men get on our nerves, for this singular act of financing these expensive ventures called wedding ceremonies; omo all the married and marriage prospective Nigerian men have my utmost RESPECT.
...ye prospectives, don't forget the contact above to save yourselves from "bank accounts breaking"

Cheers




Comments

  1. Dear Future Husband,
    I love you to bits but I know I won't blow serious money on a ceremony just because you feel we wanna impress or that we have to....if you have that money to blow then my accounts and Nino Charmaine are very wonderful and viable "blow" worthy recipients hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment